Mother’s Day is a special day to show your appreciation for mothers. It is to recognise the love for the most important woman in your life. Whether you’re looking to surprise her with something special or just want to make her feel appreciated, there are plenty of ways to share the love this Mother’s Day. From heartfelt cards and thoughtful gifts to creative activities and fun events.
Here are some ways to make Mother’s Day extra special!
The first major way is to give mum something she can enjoy all year round – A Journal or Diary
Writing in a journal or diary can be a great way for mothers to express their feelings and thoughts. It can help them to stay organised and focused, as well as provide an outlet for stress relief.
Here are a few tips to highlight to Mum so that she can start writing in her Journal:
- Set aside time each day to write just a short memo in your journal – whether it’s 10 minutes before bed or 30 minutes on the weekend, make sure you have dedicated time to write in your journal.
- Write about whatever comes to mind – don’t limit yourself by only writing about certain topics; let your thoughts flow freely and explore different ideas.
- Be honest with yourself – be open and honest about your feelings when writing in your journal; it’s important to be able to express yourself without judgement or fear of reprisal.
As well as Mothering Sunday, here at GET UP AND GO PUBLICATIONS, we like to honour and celebrate International Women’s Day, 8th March. We not only have the opportunity to recognize and honour the accomplishments of women around us, but also to use this month as an opportunity to educate our children about the importance of supporting others.
Here are the 4 others ways to support and show those who have nurtured you how special they are
- Send a Thoughtful Card or Letter with a Personal Touch
- Spend Quality Time with that Special Person and Make Memories Together
- Pamper Her with a Relaxing Spa Treatment or Massage
- Surprise Her With Breakfast in Bed & Flowers.
March is a special month of celebration for women and those playing the mother role in a person’s life. It is a time to recognize the different types of mothers that exist, from pet mums to adoptive mothers, stepmothers, foster mothers, and even those who are not related but have taken on the role of being a mother figure. From biological mothers to grandmothers, aunties, and female mentors – all have made an impact in someone’s life. This month is an opportunity to appreciate all these types of mothers who have shaped our lives and continue to do so.