10 Ways to Share the Love This Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is celebrated on February 14th by lovers all around the world. It is the perfect opportunity to show your love by the offering of small love tokens, thoughtful gifts to delight, or sharing a romantic time together in a beautiful venue.
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same directionAntoine de Saint-Exupéry
But, in this romantic month of February, we want you to share the love with that special someone in your life. And, if it seems like there is no ‘special someone’ – please look in the mirror and join in the celebration anyway. It’s important to remember that YOU are someone special in your life. You are the special someone that you bring into all of your relationships!
Let’s consider some simple, inexpensive ways that will definitely be appreciated by the one who reciprocates your love (– and that could/should include you!). Not just on Valentine’s Day but every day!
There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing momentSarah Dessen
No, we’re not going to give you fifty ways as eternalized by the lyrical two, Simon and Garfunkel, which is just as well because this is about ways to keep love in your life not leave the love of your life. So here are 10 ways to share the love this Valentine’s Day.
- Show your love fearlessly and selflessly. Opening up about your emotions is scary because you make yourself vulnerable. Do it anyway. It will be worth it with the right person.
- Listen. Yes, it’s that simple. Listening serves to make people feel heard, valued, and accepted. So listen up.
- Be Assertive. But do it with love and commitment, without getting into arguments or fights
- Expectations. Don’t expect anything in return. Share and care without expectations of payback. Just get pleasure from being open and loving.
- Be Altruistic. It’s ok to want your special person to want to be in a great relationship with you. Altruism is to selfishness as courage is to fear. And that is the measure of a fine relationship: it more than a two-way street, the relationship itself gets a vote!
- Trust. This is vital. Trust yourself to know what to do/say to establish or re-establish trust if or when it has been broken. Clear the air. Accept that no one is perfect – not even you. Being willing to trust shows a maturity about accepting your loved one’s character traits, potential, and talents, and flaws!
- People are Important. Make sure that they know that you know that by appreciating and acknowledging your special person for who they are. Show that you care enough about them to give up your right to be right, even if you’re right!
- Tolerance. We are all regular human beings, no matter how good we look in the soft glow of romantic candle light. Be compassionate, and gentle. Less judgement and more compassion. Everyone deserves a chance for redemption.
- Get personal. Get comfortable sharing your intimate feelings – thoughts, fears, likes, dislikes, hopes, dreams… Whatever it takes, get personal. Learn about each other. You want this relationship to last the journey.
- In-To-Me-See. Eye contact shows that your attention is fully on your special person and that he/she is important to you, making you equally important in return. Seeing themselves in your eyes is so powerful. And if your special person is the person in the mirror – give then a big smile and an even bigger kiss!!
The Get Up and Go Diary, The Get up and Go Daily Planner for Busy Women, and The Irish Get Up and Go Diary are all ideal for diarising and planning your special Valentine’s Day. In fact, why not consider gifting any one of the Get up and Go Diary products and give the gift of love, inspiration, and motivation this Valentine’s Day….